With the reaction module (button Reac), reactants can be added in small steps up to a predefined final value. To do this, activate the Titration curves check box Plot titration curve.
Here is an example where 500 mM NaOH is added to the input water C1.sol.
By default, the program uses 50 reaction steps to perform this task. The results are displayed as diagrams:
The amount of data ready for visualization is immense. The data are grouped into three main classes (selected by the middle dropdown list):
- ELEMENTS: all relevant physico-chemical parameters (pH, pe, EC, alkalinity) and all total elemental concentrations
- IONS: all aqueous species (free ions and complexes)
- PHASES: amount of precipitated minerals and all saturation indices
- Show Data – opens a table with the numerical values of the two curves
- Export Data – exports/saves the complete dataset into a plain text file (for Excel or other programs)
Mouse. Rectangular diagram areas can be enlarged/zoomed out with the mouse. By right-clicking with the mouse (a popup menu opens), the initial state can be restored.