Display of Results ( Part I)
The results of the hydrochemical calculations are displayed subsequently in several form:
- Charge-Balance Error (C.B.E.)
- Overview schema
- Complete data tables
- Carbonate-Calcite System
The very first output is the C.B.E. – as shown on the right.
Before entering the next calculation the user is able to select a parameter (either pH or one chemical element) which will be adjusted to attain full charge balance. In this example, DIC will be adjusted.
The right panel displays the major changes after charge-balance adjustment and chemical equilibrium:
- Input – the input water (raw data)
- Output 1 – the calculated solution after charge-balance adjustment
- Output 2 – the calculated solution after charge-balance adjustment and chemical equilibrium with mineral phases (including redox equilibria)
In this example calcite precipitates, therefore, ‘Output 1’ and ‘Output 2’ differ in pH and DIC.
Set of Output Tables
In hydrochemistry, typical solutions are characterized by dozens of physico-chemical parameters. For this purpose aqion provides three tables:
- main table with pH, pe, EC, … , and all elements (as shown below)
- table Ions with a large number of aqueous species (ions and complexes)
- table Minerals for the amount of precipitated and dissolved minerals (if any)
and saturation indices
Main Table. The three columns in each table refer to three solutions: input water, ‘Output 1’ and ‘Output 2’. More information is given here.
Ions. Besides the main water composition (above screenshot), for each input and output water the complete aqueous speciation is displayed here:
Minerals. The table below shows the amount of precipitation and saturation indices (SI) of relevant mineral phases:
Back to top
[last modified: 2015-11-18]