Hydrochemistry & Water Analysis
aqion is a free hydrochemistry software that
- validates aqueous solutions (charge balance error, parameter adjustment, …)
- calculates pH of solutions (acid-base reactions, addition of chemicals)
- calculates the calcite-carbonate system (closed/open CO2 system, LSI)
- calculates alkalinity, buffer capacities (ANC, BNC), and water hardness
- calculates equilibria with mineral phases (dissolution, precipitation, saturation indices)
- calculates and plots titration curves
- calculates redox reactions
aqion uses the well-known U.S.G.S. software PhreeqC as an internal numerical solver. The calculation of chemical reactions is based on the thermodynamical database wateq4f.
aqion is a Windows software for XP, Vista, Win 7 and 8.
aqion is free for private users, education and companies. In addition there is the affordable software aqion PRO as an extended version.