Hydrochemistry & Water Analysis
aqion is a free hydrochemistry software that
- validates aqueous solutions (charge balance error, parameter adjustment, …)
- calculates pH of solutions (acid-base reactions, addition of chemicals)
- calculates the calcite-carbonate system (closed/open CO2 system, LSI)
- calculates alkalinity, buffer capacities (ANC, BNC), and water hardness
- calculates equilibria with mineral phases (dissolution, precipitation, saturation indices)
- calculates and plots titration curves
- calculates redox reactions
aqion uses the well-known U.S.G.S. software PhreeqC as an internal numerical solver.
aqion is free for private users, education and companies. In addition there is the affordable software aqion PRO as an extended version. Both programs run on Windows XP, Vista, Win 7 and 8.